Welcome to your Van Wert Airport (VNW)
Serving Van Wert for Over 75 Years
This airport is a door to our community and a window to our world. Opportunities are launched and careers are started right here.
Pilot Lounge/Snooze Room/Shower
Open Monday – Friday 9:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Saturday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Please call ahead for other times.
- 4,000′ paved runway
- Open 7 Days a Week
THE VAN WERT COUNTY WELCOMES ANOTHER NEW YEAR AND LOOKS FORWARD TO MEETING NEW FRIENDS TO THE EXCITING WORLD OF AVIATION. THE INDUSTRY IS PRIMED FOR THE NEXT GENERATION OF PILOTS WITH PROGRAMS FROM THE EAA (Experimental Aircraft Association) AND THE AOPA (Aircraft Owners and Pilots Association). BOTH OF THESE ORGANIZATIONS HAVE FREE TRAINING MATERIAL AND PROGRAMS TO SAVE EXPENSES FOR An AVIATION CARREER. THE EAA OFFERS its “YOUNG EAGLES PROGRAM” AND THE AOPA OFFERS IT’S “AV8RS PROGRAM” FOR TEENS AGES 13 TO 18. THE VAN WERT AIRPORT IS HERE TO HELP WITH THAT INTRODUCTION RIGHT HERE AT YOUR BACK DOOR!
The Van Wert County Airport is also the home of Charter Number: GLR OH296 of the Civil Air Patrol.
Help us improve. Board Meetings are at 5:00 p.m. on the second Tuesday of every month. Give us your support and ideas.
* Please note: The April 2019 meeting has been rescheduled for the third Tuesday of the month, April 16th, due to a scheduling conflict. The meeting on April 16th will be at 5:00 p.m. at the Van Wert County Regional Airport.
REQUEST FOR PROFESSIONAL ENGINEERING SERVICES
The Van Wert County Airport, Van Wert, Ohio will receive “Statements of Qualifications” (SOQ) from firms who are interested in providing professional services including, but not limited to grant administration, planning, design, construction document preparation, and construction observation in connection with airport development projects.
Please click the following link for more information: Airport – Request For Engineering Services
Additional Information may be reqeusted from: Fred Fisher – President 1400 Leeson Avenue Van Wert, OH 45891
Seven (7) copies of the Statements of Qualifications and one PDF copy must be received no later than February 11, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. local time in the office of the Airport Manager at the following address:
“Statement of Qualifications” Van Wert County Airport c/o Mr. Steve Bailey Airport Manager
The Van Wert County Airport Authority hereby announces the intended adoption of their proposed Disadvantaged Business Enterprise goal of 7.3% for the 2020-2022 plan year beginning October 1, 2019. The goal methodology and plan can be reviewed at the Airport, and any comments submitted prior to August 1, 2019 in writing to:
Airport Manager 1400 Leeson Avenue Van Wert, OH 45891
United States Department of Transportation Federal Aviation Administration Great Lakes Region – Civil Rights Staff 2300 East Devon Avenue Des Plaines, Illinois 60018
Please click the following link for the DBE Plan: VNW 2020-2022 DBE Plan
The first picture is the airport proposed layout. This is being done in 4 segments.
- Put in drainage from proposed site west to ditch down by 224 highway and have Elks drive extended to the Airports property line. All is done but some grading, seeding and blacktopping Elks Drive Extension.
- Bid out the taxiway and parking area for the new hangar and terminal building. This bidding will be done in May or June 2018
- Put up new terminal and hangar. Fundraising has started locally and should be finishing by June 1, 2018
- Extend runway 1000’. There is a study being done to show to the FAA that the runway extension is justified. It is now in process.
Picture 2 & 3
They are two charters using the Van Wert Airport. They both use Cessna 310’s and can carry either passengers or freight. They welcome inquiries.